Tuesday, 16 September 2014

The 'Harry Herring'.

For some years now I have made a few 'Harry Herrings' for anglers trolling and casting for Barramundi. I have wondered if the same design would work on Murray Cod  , Golden Perch and in smaller sizes , Australian Bass.

So I made a couple and  replaced the standard polycarbonate bib with an aluminium bib and used a soldered towpoint , commonly used on Cod lures made in eastern Australia from the 1970's till the present day. 

I was happy to hear the lure worked well , diving deep with a wide aggressive action.

Lloyd with a Murray Cod caught on 'Harry'.

'Harry Cod' 90mm D

No comments: